2019 IKEA Tree Lot
THE IKEA TREE LOT RETURNS NOVEMBER 19, 2019
We are pleased to announce that IKEA Burlington has once again partnered with Big Brothers Big Sisters as the beneficiary for their Tree Lot. A portion of the proceeds from each tree sold, and full proceeds from tree bag sales will be donated back to Big Brothers Big Sisters. Last year, over $20,000 was raised to support our mentoring programs through this initiative. We hope you can lend a hand by signing up for one or more shifts during the upcoming holiday season.
SEASONAL VOLUNTEERS NEEDED. TASKS INCLUDE:
- Representing Big Brothers Big Sisters of Halton and Hamilton
- Greeting Tree Lot customers
- Checking store receipts to ensure trees have been pre-purchased
- Assisting customers to pick out Christmas trees, and if applicable, helping them transport the tree to their vehicle
- Tree bag sales and money handling
- Tree lot tidy up, including fallen/blown over trees and sweeping needles
- Free unlimited hot chocolate, tea and coffee is available!
- Volunteers 16-years-of-age and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- All shifts will be staffed with a minimum of two volunteers, so you will never be at a shift unaccompanied.
- Letters confirming volunteer hours will be provided upon request in January 2020.
AVAILBLE SHIFTS BETWEEN NOV 19 – DEC 21, 2018:
- Sunday 9:45am -1pm, 12:30 – 3:30pm, 3 – 6:30pm
- Monday – Friday 9:45am – 2pm, 1:30 – 6pm, 5:30 – 9:30pm
- Saturday 8:45am -1:30pm, 1 – 5:30pm, 5 – 9:30pm
IKEA Burlington, 1065 Plains Rd E, Burlington, ON L7T 4K1
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
Please contact Natalie.Michlewicz@bigbrothersbigsisters.ca or call 905-525-3860 x310 with your name, phone number, age, requested shift and date.
Over 2,500 children and youth will be mentored in Halton and Hamilton communities by this year’s end. Big Brothers Big Sisters work is made possible because of YOU – Our generous community, supporters, donors and volunteers.
If you have any questions about the IKEA Tree Lot or Big Brothers Big Sisters’ programs and services, please call Natalie at 905.525.3860 x310.