Register to Participate
Get active. Have fun. Stay connected virtually. Join us and get moving to support the mental health of young people in our local communities.Register Now
Sponsor a Participant
Show your support! Participants are challenging themselves (and each other) to MOVE. Funds raised will support virtual mentoring programs.Make a Pledge Now
Make a Donation
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues into the winter, Big Brothers Big Sisters programs are in full swing, albeit remotely. Event proceeds will help support virtual mentoring programs.Donate Now
Move for Kids Sake
Get active. Have fun. Stay connected virtually. Feb. 16 – Mar. 31.
We are bigger and stronger together!
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have transitioned our annual winter events (Bowl for Kids Sake and Curl for Kids Sake) to a virtual fundraiser. This year, we are inviting our dedicated event participants to MOVE instead!
Move for Kids Sake allows participants to stay healthy and socially distant, while encouraging physical activity. Participants will challenge themselves (and each other) to be active, and in doing so, raise pledges to support the mental health of young people in our local communities.
MOVE & Win Prizes!
- Raise $100 or more: You will receive a $10 Tim Hortons Card
- Raise $250 or more: You will receive a $20 Skip the Dishes Card
- Raise $1,000 or more: You will receive a $75 Skip the Dishes Card
*Note that prizes are not cumulative.
Everyone can Move for Kids Sake!
REGISTER / CREATE FITNESS GOAL / RAISE PLEDGES / COMPLETE FITNESS GOAL
- Fundraising and fitness goals are completed between Feb. 16 – Mar. 31
- Participants are encouraged to video or photograph their fitness goal completion and share with their supporters
Participating is easy! You can register as an individual, team or corporate group. Simply choose your favourite fitness activity or challenge yourself by setting a fitness goal:
- DANCE-A-THON: For every $5 I raise, I will dance for :30-seconds on Facebook Live on XYZ date/time
- SKATE-A-THON: For every $5 I raise, I will skate one loop of an ice rink
- DOG WALKING: For every $10 I raise, I will walk my dog 1 km
- AEROBICS: For every $100 I raise, I will do 1,000 jumping jacks
- DAILY STEP CHALLENGE: When I raise $500, I will complete 25,000 steps in one day
- TRAIL BLAZER: If my family and friends help me raise $1,000, I will hike 15 km in one day
- EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT: If my colleagues help me raise $2,500, I will do a polar bear dip in Lake Ontario
COMMUNITY IMPACT – Please help us reach our $25,000 fundraising goal!
For every $1,200 raised we can create and monitor one match for one year.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues into the winter, Big Brothers Big Sisters programs are in full swing, albeit remotely. Virtual mentoring has allowed us to continue to provide young people with a caring mentor and friend, especially when needed most. Proceeds of our Move for Kids Sake will help support virtual mentoring programs.
THANK YOU, EVENT SPONSORS
If you have any questions about Move for Kids Sake (registration/sponsorship) or Big Brothers Big Sisters’ programs and services, please contact Natalie.