Wine Survivor Challenge
Please note that we have been unable to launch this virtual fundraiser as planned on July 6th. Stay tuned, as we prepare a launch ASAP.
It’s wine time! Calling all wine lovers, here is your chance to win lots of wine in support of a great cause. The Wine Survivor Challenge will support young people in our mentoring programs, as you try to survive elimination for the opportunity to fill your wine rack.
How it works
PHASE 1: Registration
Your entry fee of $45.00 will cover your participation ($25.00) and the cost of a bottle of wine ($20.00 value), which we will purchase on your behalf. NOTE: There is no limit to the amount of entries per person.
PHASE 2: WINE SURVIVOR
- From, July 13-20th, draws will be held and individual names/numbers will be eliminated or “voted off the island.” At the end of eliminations, six participants will remain as the winners.
- The number of people that will be eliminated every day will depend on the number of registered participants.
- The elimination draws will be hosted on Facebook Live. Subsequently, the names of the individuals who will be eliminated will be emailed.
The collected bottles of wine will be distributed among winners. The number of bottles to be won will depend on the number of entries; however, the distribution will be as follows:
- 1st Prize: 50% of the wine
- 2nd Prize: 25% of the wine
- 3rd Prize: 10% of the wine
- 4th, 5th, 6th Prize: 5% of the wine
For example, based on 150 participants, prizes would be distributed as follows:
- 1st Prize: 75 bottles of wine
- 2nd Prize: 37 bottles of wine
- 3rd Prize: 15 bottles of wine
- 4th, 5th, 6th Prize: 7 bottles of wine
- Form an alliance with one or more friends to increase your chances of making it to the finale. Together, you will have more chances to beat elimination, as you pool together to share your potential winnings.
- Looking for immunity? Pay an extra $5.00 when you register and you have one immunity to protect you from one elimination.
- If you want immunity after the games begin, you can purchase immunity for $10.00 to get your name back in the draw.
RULES OF PLAY
- Participants must be 19 years of age and older to play.
- There is no limit to the amount of entries per person.
- A limit of one immunity can be purchased per player.
- The last day to purchase immunity is Friday July 17, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- Players may not buy back or use immunity for the final elimination draw.
- No refunds will be issued.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Halton and Hamilton has been working hard to provide young people with continued access to their mentors. As we aim to insure that the immediate social and mental health needs of young people in our communities are addressed, we continue to make new matches and monitor existing friendships remotely.
Business is not as usual for anyone, and at our charity, we have had to cancel all our spring fundraisers including Bowl for Kids Sake and our Golf for Kids Sake Tournament. Wine Survivor Challenge is an effort to help recover some of our losses.